Tuesday, September 15, 2009

25 Firsts...

I'm sure many of you have seen this floating around in blogging world. I first saw it on Nancy's blog http://thenewlifeofnancy.blogspot.com and thought it looked like it maybe a fun post to do. So I put the idea in my notebook of "things to blog about" Yes, I keep a little notebook of ideas I want to blog about. Many times, an idea or thought just comes to me and I go with it. Other times when I'm stumped for something to write about I turn to my notebook and out comes a post. Well, tonight when I was reading through my comments from yesterday's post I saw that Nancy had "requested" that I do this post too, because she wanted to see my answers. Well Nancy, here ya go.....

"My 25 Firsts"

1. Who was your first prom date? ~ My first and only prom date was Eric Wilson and I was a Senior in high school. Up until then I never went to a homecoming or prom, nope, not a single one of them. In high school I was on the rather shy side and didn't hang out with "boys" too much. Up until a week before the prom I still didn't have a date, and to tell you the truth I remember feeling kinda bummed about it. I had always wanted to go to a prom. (Doesn't everyone?) Anyways, a week before the prom I was in a prom fashion show, still have no idea how I got myself into that. But anyways Eric was my partner in the fashion show, after talking we both realized neither of us had a date. So, we decided to go together. We hung out with totally different people so we went to dinner with his friends, and then spent the night in a cabin afterwards with my friends. No...nothing happened...I was so not into doing "anything", and he was too concerned about going fishing the next morning. The highlight of the night...driving a brand new black Mustang with red leather interior to the prom...now that was cool.

2. Do you still talk to your first love? ~Well it depends on how you want to look at it. My fist love was Shawn. Do I still "talk" to him? Yes, every single day.

3. What was your first alcoholic drink? ~Oh my that was a long time ago. I'm not saying when because my parents sometimes read my blog and I don't want to get busted. But my first alcoholic drink was Blue Maui with 7-Up. God, was that yummy that night, and god does the thought of drinking that now make me want to puke.

4. What was your first job? ~Other than babysitting my first real job was working at T.J's Pizza. That is where I met Shawn. (perhaps a post for a different time...maybe I should add that to my notebook)

5. What was your first car? ~On my graduation night from high school I got the keys to a Dodge Horizon. The summer before the family cat got into it and peed in it. We tried everything to get the smell out and never fully did. I can still remember the smell of that car to this day.

6. Who was the first person to text you today? ~My friend Kim.

7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning?~ Shawn, he is always the first person I think of in the morning.

8. Who was your first grade teacher? ~ Mrs Hartwick, I swear to this day, she is the reason I don't know how to do math.

9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane? ~To California when I was two years old.

10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk?~ My first best friend was Allison Virta. We met in kindergarten orientation and were friends instantly. I haven't talked to her since we graduated 13 years ago. However, she did find out about Shawn and the baby and sent me a very nice note.

11. Where was your first sleepover?~My cousin Jamie's house.

12. Who was the first person you talked to today?~My mom, when I told her good-bye before she left for work.

13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time?~Mine. Then six months later my friend Kim's. I have never been in any other weddings.

14. What was the first thing you did this morning?~ Took Bo outside. He gets to pee before I do!

15. What was the first concert you went to? ~ Ok, I'm going to tell you all this, but I don't want you all to laugh at once! My first concert was Michael Bolton when he came to our fair when I was in 7th grade. Now if you must, you can laugh.

16. First tattoo? ~ I don't have a tattoo yet. I'm thinking soon though.

17. First piercing? ~ My ears when I was seven years old.

18. First foreign country you went to?~ So not exciting but Canada when I was in middle school. We went to go see Romeo and Juliet in some small town in Canada.

19. First movie you remember seeing?~ E.T.- I still cry when I watch that movie.

20. What state did you first live in? ~ Michigan

21. Who was your first room mate?~ Shawn. We lived together for a year in college before we got married.

22. When was your first detention?~ Um, I don't think I ever did get detention. I was a good girl. I did get my name on the board once though in sixth grade. I asked my friend for a piece of paper because mine ripped. That still makes me mad!

23. Nancy didn't have a 23 but I'm going to add my own...
When was your first kiss?~ In the seventh grade and a pool party one of my friends was having.

24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance? ~How to ballroom dance. I want a body like the stars have on Dancing With the Stars. Ha ha ha

25. Who will be the next person to post this?~ I have no idea. But I would love it if my friend Jennie would post this. Her answers would be oh so great.

7 comments:

RN Mama said...

I read Nancy's blog too! I think that her blog is actually how I found yours because she posted about you when Shawn died.

What a fun post! No tattoos, huh? Everyone needs at least one:) I would like to ballroom dance too, it looks like so much fun!

Oh, and didn't you previously post about your first job at the pizza place?

Liz said...

that was cute...just wanted to hop over here and say thanks for all your kind comments...you are so sweet and I feel bad I haven't been keeping up with you as much as I want....been reading back to your older posts...you are just so cute!

Amy said...

What a great idea and post. Thanks for sharing this.

Mom 2 my boys said...

love reading those! Thanks for sharing :)

5th Belle Avenue said...

What a fun post! You should take ballroom dance lessons! How fun!

Sarah said...

Glad you did this! I like learning more about you. ;)

RN Mama said...

Hey girl, what's this memory foam cup bra you talked about on Nancy's blog? I must know!